Slowing down tests
There I go again, trying to be too clever for my own good. In an attempt to do less I tossed the fixtures loading into test_helper. I figured it’d be a lot easier to just add to that single fixtures line whenever I added a new model, instead of having to potentially add to a bunch of test files.
And it was easier, but it came at a price.
|All fixtures in test_helper||Finished in 27.274751 seconds||Finished in 19.175251 seconds|
|Relevant fixtures in each test||Finished in 12.018364 seconds||Finished in 10.118103 seconds|
Do note that I am running tests without transactional fixtures, since the SQL Server adapter seems to cause false negatives in the test results, when it tries to roll back a transaction that has had no data modification occur.
Suffice to say, I just spent some time moving fixtures loading into the individual test files again.