The DCP-340CW is one of those multifunction types of gizmos: It -cooks, stirs, and fries-prints, scans, and copies. It does suffer from being a jack of all trades, master of none, and seems to be a clear tribute to the fact that you can only get two, not all of quality, good price, and many features.
- The prints are slighty fuzzy around the edges.
- The scans have slighty visible vertical lines.
- It isn’t – as far as I can tell – terribly fast (20 pages per minute in black’n’white prints).
- It connects to cabled or wireless ethernet. Being able to put it anywhere in the apartment without having to worry about anything but power cables is going to be a blessing.
- Works without issues with both the Windows machines and the iBook.
- It’s cheap.