reboot7: Dina Mehta
Notes from Dina Methas speech; Social tools for research & collaboration
- We need tools that enable us to forget physical borders
- Social tools foster collaboration and community
- The tools allowed the Internet community to broadcast real voices, real stories, real emotions in realtime from the Tsunami areas.
- Interdependence on each other
- A decentralized self-organizing system
- Social tools is the natural extension of rapid adoptation to chaotic conditions.
Communication and information flows
- Yahoo Messenger
You dont need researchers anymore
- The subject is the research
- The users provide data themselves
- Let them do the talking, be a fly on the wall and observe
Pitching corporate blogs
- More dialogue: more jazz
- learning journey
=> “We just forget boundaries exist”
- Social tools melt cultural boundaries
- People pick up tools to meet human needs.
- It’s all about creating empathies!