Notes from Robert Scobles keynote speech at reboot7.
Why is blogging hot?
- The knowledge cost of publishing is way down thanks to the tools of today.
- Easy to publish to, easy to change. Self-publishing.
- Connecting with each other! Comments! Syndication! Two way
- Blogging is growing faster and faster, and will continue to grow due to Google.
- Not on results page 1? You don’t exist.
- More content => more inbound links => higher page rank
- Real time marketing conversation
- Conversation => human face on products
- Microsoft sees the value of direct user feedback via blogs/comments
- If your business opens up you will get feedback. If you listen to your customers you get user loyalty
Blogging pushes the membrane
- Blogging moves cultures. Corporate blogging can push corporate culture too hard, making the culture push back.
- Corporate blogging needs support from top
- Fear of negative feedback, fear of lacking control
“Blogging is a tree, not a forest”
- Don’t make money from blogging, make money because of blogging.
- Mapping is the new “thing”
- With pictures, GPS, localizing
- Ease of publishing!
- Collaborative publishing