Synchronizing my Outlook with my T610
I have a Sony Ericsson T610 cell phone, one Microsoft Outlook 2002 (yeah, I know…), a Bluetooth dongle I’ve forgotten model and make of, and XTNDCOnnect PC.
Once upon a time, they were all able to communicate with each other and everything was good. Then suddently, a mysterious thing happened, and XTNDConnect PC would no longer talk to the T610. Nothing I did, would make it want to again – until now.
This is how I made my Outlook synchronize tasks and events with my Sony Ericsson T610 over Bluetooth via XTNDConnect PC, and it’s here so I can read it next time my computer decides to give me grief over this.
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on, both in the phone and the dongle
Bluetooh Setup Wizard
- Open Bluetooh Setup Wizard (from the Bluetooth icon in the systray)
- Select “I want to find a specific…”
- Select T610
- Enable Serial Port 1, on COM5
- Open Advanced Configuration (from the Bluetooth icon in the systray)
- Under Local services:
- Bluetooh Serial Port on COM6, start up automatically
- Client applications
- Add Bluetooh Serial Port on COM5
- Open Phone Monitor in Windows XP Control Panel
- Under COM-ports:
- Enable COM5, reserved
- Disable COM6, not reserved
- “Synchronize now” in Outlook
This worked for me and it might work for you too.