Messed around with the new layout a bit today, fixing some issues and likely creating some new ones:
- The sidebar has been given a background color to seperate it a bit more from the main content.
- The main navigation links has been spaced out and given a hover style to make them more visible.
- The dropshadow under the pagetitle is gone. Trying to cut down on my blatant abuse of dropshadows here.
- The outer striped gradients has been flipped. It looks nicer this way and I feel it helps leading the eye towards the content.
- The CSS now losely follows the naming conventions put forth by Andy Clarke.
- The document structure has been improved (I hope), based on Tomas Jogins thoughts about hierarchy and the comments to his post.
- The search is now styled, inspired by the technique detailed by Dave Shea.
So far, all seems well and somewhat better.